£20,800 per annum plus excellent benefits
- 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days including evenings and weekends
The Demi Pastry Chef will be part of the kitchen team at the Kennels and report to the Head Chef.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
The Real Thing Derring-Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
Purpose of the role
To work as part of a strong passionate team to deliver exciting pastry dishes that exceed customer expectations.
- To develop the pastry section, producing exciting dishes whilst monitoring margins
- Cook consistently and enthusiastically at a high level, as directed by the Head Chef and Sous Chef
- Be responsible for hygiene and wastage in your own section and in the kitchen as a whole
- Responsible for the set-up of your section and any handover for others entering the section
- Liaise with the senior chefs on a daily basis with an accurate list of orders for the following day(s)
- Be flexible and willing to support colleagues if required
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
- Ability to follow instructions and produce consistent results
- Team player, with the initiative to work alone when required
- Imaginative and forward thinking
- An ‘eye for the plate
What do you need to be successful?
- Proven experience in a role of a same or similar level
- Proven communication skills
- Experience of working in a multi-kitchen environment or as part of a big team
- Experience of fine dining
- An awareness of costs and food margins
- A passion for delivering amazing customer experience
- A relevant Hospitality/Catering qualification