£ 18,532.80 per annum plus excellent benefits
- 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days including evenings and weekends
The Commis Chef will be part of Kennels Kitchen and report to the Head Chef.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
The Real Thing Derring-Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
Purpose of the role
Responsible for assisting the team with storage, preparation and cooking of all food items for the Kennels. To demonstrate and help maintain high levels of service that consistently exceed customer expectations.
- To monitor food stocks and stock movement.
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
- To learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department.
- To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed.
- To accept and store deliveries as and when required
- To ensure that mis en place is completed in your section.
- To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately.
- To comply with all Goodwood policies and procedures to ensure that all-statutory regulations are observed.
- To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Hold a foundation food hygiene certificate or equivalent
- Experience of working in a similar role