Harvey John are working with a disruptive, early-stage Real Estate startup in their search for a German Speaking Accountant.
Having just closed their Series-A funding round, they're now entering a period of heavy growth. This includes a need for a hands on and tenacious qualified accountant, fluent in both English and German. You'll be taking ownership of a Real Estate portfolio across 3 European countries and will need a creative, ambitious and open-minded approach to your work, as well as being able to crunch the numbers!
About the role
- You'll take ownership of Client Portfolio Accounting and bookkeeping for 3 European entities, coordinating with cross-border teams
- Ensure all bills and invoices are paid and reconciled in a timely manner and recorded in Xero
- Manage bank accounts, ensuring sufficient liquidity and managing cash flow
- Liaise with tax consultants and external accountants across Europe to prepare accounts
- Prepare monthly financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain and improve accounting controls by recommending policies and procedures, helping the business scale
What you'll offer
- You'll be a German or UK Qualified Accountant.
- Excellent spoken & written communication skills in German (fluent) and English (fluent).
- You'll have experience creating the full suite of financial statements (Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, Cash Flow).
- A confident team player and used to speaking to external advisors for guidance
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills.
- You are a self-starter with proactive attitude to meet commitments and undertake additional responsibilities that add value.
- A knowledge of Real Estate along with prior experience in early stage companies or fast-growing team would be extremely advantageous.
For more information, please apply via the website or contact Alex Baxter Smith at Harvey John.