Are you good at jigsaw puzzles? Planning and Resourcing for projects?
Have you worked on multiple projects and been responsible for the resources of such projects? Do you have strong analytical skills, able to benchmark staff, and plan assign and track staff across multiple projects?
A Resource Manager is required to strategically plan, assign and track staff across existing and new studies in line with corporate objectives and policies. The Resource Manager is expected to provide resources, whether internal or freelance, on time, per quality standards and within the budget.
What will you be doing?
- Identify and assign appropriate staff to meet study needs
- Work with Line Managers and Project Managers to track build high performing cross-functional teams.
- Manage assignments to enhance career development and employee engagement and retention.
- Assess employee resources and employee resource projections to ensure that study teams meet client expectations.
- Support Business Development through rapid RFP resource request fulfilment, ito understand sponsor requirements, build scenarios to match resource availability to enhance the probability of study award.
- Evaluate staff resource, optimising resource allocation, by conducting workload analysis to achieve appropriate balance (e.g. resource availability versus incoming work) and assess future staffing needs (e.g. workload ratios, recruiting needs, etc.).
- Create, maintain, and use data to analyse resource process and rationalizes gaps, overlaps and issues providing reports to management and board.
- Support Head of Function in managing quality of contractors.
What do you need?
- Like a jigsaw you'll be good at finding the right pieces that fit together - planning resources for multiple projects using Excel as your matrix.
- Strong Excel skills to provide reports to board is essential
- Previous experience within resource management
- Perhaps you've worked as a Project Manager with extensive experience in resourcing for projects
- Able to analyse and dissect projects to ensure resources maximised
- Strong negotiation skills, proven history of achieving results over multiple projects, able to negotiate project changes
- Preferably someone who has worked in the pharmaceutical or CRO industry
- Ideally degree educated - Life Science or Scientific Degree preferred
What's on offer?
- Working a global fast paced environment
- Salary up to £50,000
- Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Insurance
- Travel expenses
- 25 days holiday
- Parking on site