Purpose of the role
The overall management of the home as a whole, including the staff team, the welfare of the young people in our care, the house budget and the resources and fabric of the home and maintenance of good practices of care as required by the company and Ofsted.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- To ensure compliance with Ofsted and meet all minimum standards.
- To undertake the management role within the staff team, showing strong leadership skills and the ability to support others during a period of unsettlement.
- To promote the welfare and development of the young people.
- To protect the young people from harm in and outside the home.
- To ensure that the young people's needs are recognised and met. This includes ensuring that they are free from discrimination within the home and to challenge discrimination from outside the home.
- To ensure that the home provides an environment that is safe and sensitive to the needs of young people being looked after.
- To ensure that the home meets the needs of the individual young people and the needs of the group.
- To use the home as a model to support and develop the social skills of the young people.
- To manage the home in compliance with the ethos of the company in providing a homely environment that is enjoyable and stimulating for each young person.
Please view the Job Description Care Manager document
If you wish you can read more about My Choice Children's Homes here