Salary: £17,772-£23,398 + Weekend Working Allowance (up to) £1,566 + Sleep in Allowance OF £34,34 per night (as required)
Based in Crawley Area
Permanent, Full Time
37 hours per week
Closing Date: 08.12.2017
Interview Date: 20.12.2017
Please note that this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that all care staff must be at least 21 years old. No person can work in a children’s home unless they are at least 3 years older than the oldest child accommodated.
Do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of children in our West Sussex Children''s Homes?
We are currently recruiting to a Residential Child Care Worker role, based in one of our homes located in Crawley.
Teasel Close is a 5 bedded mixed gender unit for young people aged 12-17 years. Teasel Close provides a comfortable living environment in a purpose built detached house situated in the neighbourhood of Broadfield in Crawley. The environment at Teasel Close is urbanised and multi-cultural.
The overall aim of Teasel Close is to provide high quality care in a warm and caring environment where the young people are supported in coming to terms with their past and current issues and begin to prepare for their future. We seek to promote the well-being of the young people in our care by providing an atmosphere where interpersonal relationships are based on mutual respect and understanding.
The over-riding philosophy of Teasel Close is that it should be child-centred in its approach to the way it works, and that for young people to grow physically, emotionally and spiritually they need positive role models who are able to protect them, guide them and plan for their futures,
- Maintain a nurturing, positive and safe living environment within the unit.
- Participate in the development of care plans for individual Children and Young People.
- Carry out regular observations and assessments of the Children and Young People.
- Work on a rota basis and undertake weekend working and sleeping in duties as required.
- Periodic requirement for lifting and carrying, pushing or pulling items of moderate weight.
- Use initiative to independently respond to unexpected problems or situations.
Ideally, applicants will:-
• have experience of working with or caring for children and/or young people
• have excellent people skills.
• be able to develop and maintain good working relationships
• be able to demonstrate positive personal authority.
• have great communication skills.
• have a willingness to undertake additional Qualifications (Level 3 Diploma CYPW)
and further training. For the higher salary you will already have achieved this qualification.