Enterprise Adviser Skills East Sussex
Contract type: Volunteer
About the Role
We are looking for local business leaders who would like to take on the high profile role of supporting East Sussex secondary schools and colleges with developing their enterprise and employer engagement strategies. This is an opportunity for you to use your knowledge of the world of work to make a lasting positive impact on the futures of a whole generation of young people.
Enterprise Advisers will be matched with local schools and colleges, and will become part of a high profile nationwide network of exceptional business volunteers.
Enterprise Advisers will support schools or colleges to:
- Develop an enterprise and employer engagement strategy that includes a range of activities and provides information that promotes career paths and employability skills;
- Identify priority areas for support;
- Engage with businesses from the wider community via your own networks;
Becoming an Enterprise Adviser is a rewarding and valuable, community-focused experience benefitting schools and businesses across East Sussex.
What will you bring to the role?
- Willingness to share experiences and knowledge of the world of business, providing a realistic and authentic approach to schools and young people on employability;
- Knowledge of your sector and where it sits within the local and wider business community;
- Ability to shape, develop or add value to a school’s enterprise and employer engagement strategy;
- Ability to engage in the Enterprise Adviser induction programmes, join the Enterprise Adviser network group and attend network meetings where possible;
- Willingness to contribute to press releases and promotional activities, including ministerial visits;
- Time – volunteer up to one day per month to support your school or college. Your time can include email contact, phone calls, skype calls, 1-2-1 meetings, careers fair / parents evening attendance etc;
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.