Nursery Practitioner Preschool Assistant EYE Ditchling Preschool
Contract type: Fixed term until end of July 2018, term time only Working pattern: Part-time, 28.25 hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 23 August 2017 Interview date: Friday 08 September 2017
About the Role
We are looking for a Level 3 qualified Early Years practitioner to join our team, starting as soon as possible in the Autumn Term 2017.
Ditchling Preschool was established in 1969 by a group of parents and we are a small, warm, friendly and nurturing preschool. Our staff are passionate about working with young children and wanting to develop children's learning. We care for up to 24 children each day from 2.5 years to 5 years in a large hall with a lovely sensory, walled garden.
Our opening hours are:
Monday 8.30am to 3.15pm, Tuesday 8.30am to 3.15pm, Wednesday 8.30am to 12.45pm, Thursday 8.30am to 1.45pm and Friday 8.30am to 1.45pm.
We are open in term time only and follow Ditchling St Margaret's Primary school's term dates. Ofsted rated us as 'Good' in September 2015.
The nearest station to Ditchling Preschool is Hassocks, which is about half an hour's walk. Parking is available in East End Lane.
- have experience of working in an early years environment, following the EYFS;
- have good knowledge of child protection and safeguarding so that we keep children safe;
- have good literacy and provide evidence of an ability to write clear records;
- demonstrate an ability to observe children so that they can assess them and plan their next steps;
- have good communication skills and computer/IT skills with qualifications in English, Maths and IT;
- have experience of or at least a willingness to develop good working relationships with parents, staff and other agencies involved with our children, and
- demonstrate an enthusiasm for working with young children and a passion for helping them reach their potential.
Duties will include:
- Supporting a key group of children and running group activities;
- Delivering high quality care and activities for children;
- Observing, assessing, maintaining records, reporting on and planning for the children's development;
- Supporting colleagues;
- Assisting children with personal care;
- Reporting any Safeguarding issues to the Designated Lead.
We will provide a full induction and will offer you training for your professional development.
We will also support you on a daily basis and in the form of regular supervisions and appraisals.
We will be reading the application forms before the end of August and if we feel you might be right for the role, we will want to see you working with our children for a few hours on a day in the first week of term, starting Tuesday 5th September, leading up to interviews.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.